Advertisement :- Villa De Porto ~ A Private Gateaway in Langkawi

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Langkawi expects 4 million tourists next year

LANGKAWI: Some four million tourists are expected to flock into Langkawi next year during the 2014 Visit Malaysia year.

Adviser to Langkawi Development Authority (Lada) and former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he was sure the island would achieve its target next year as Lada and the Tourism Department had taken many initiatives to promote the island.

"Last year, we had more than three million tourists visiting Langkawi and next year, we are sure that we will see more than four million tourists with rapid development taking place."
Dr Mahathir advised the tourism industry players not to be too complacent.

"I believe there is always room for improvement and we can do it with some effort," he said at the dialogue session "Santai bersama Tun Dr Mahathir" at My Hotel here yesterday.

AL :
The question is.. Are we ready?

No comments: