* Government will establish an SME Emergency Fund amounting to RM10 million to assist small and medium enterprises affected by natural disasters
* Removal of import duty and excise duty on hybrid cars and electric cars will be extended until 2013
* The Langkawi Five Year Tourism Development Master Plan will be launched with an allocation of RM420 million
* Government proposes hotel operators in Peninsular Malaysia, investing in new four and five star hotels, be given Pioneer Status with income tax exemption of 70 per cent or Investment Tax Allowance of 60 per cent for five years.
* Real property gains tax rate to be reviewed
Its a good announcement to Langkawi. Hopefully the 5 year Master Plan will be planned carefully to cater more on Eco-tourism approach as well as opening new tourist destination opportunity.. However, with regard to the environment it shall be done very carefully to avoid destruction of the sensitive environment.
Special thanks to Dato Paduka Abu Bakar Taib for fighting this & Dato Najib for seeing & listening the true potential of Langkawi as a Tourism spot. Thanks for continue the legacy of Tun Mahathir (thanks to Tun also for fighting). And also thanking everybody who are also involve on highlighting & fighting as well.. And also thanks to others who care about us..
Cant wait to see the masterplan..