Advertisement :- Villa De Porto ~ A Private Gateaway in Langkawi

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why I Don’t Love Langkawi by Contemporaray Nomad

For 98% of humanity, Langkawi would represent paradise on earth. What’s not to love: tropical beaches, soaring karst mountains, emerald waters? What’s the problem?

Langkawi is beautiful, there’s no doubt about it. I can enjoy a nice drink in a relaxed beach-side bar as much as anyone. But when beaches are backed with nothing BUT bars and resorts and duty-free shopping centers and aquariums and over-priced restaurants and tacky souvenir stalls – I think you get the picture – my vision of paradise starts to fade.

The problem is that I belong to that other 2% of humanity who likes his nature – well – natural. I like emerald waters minus the banana boats full of screaming teeny-boppers. Yes, I know, I’m a dinosaur.
It’s the same old story, the world’s perfect places are too beautiful for their own damn good. Humanity is loving its nature to death. Blah, blah, blah.

More here.

AL :-
Honest opinion of a traveller to Langkawi. However, i think if he ventures into areas such a Datai Areas & North side of the Island he will be surprise.  

No comments: