Advertisement :- Villa De Porto ~ A Private Gateaway in Langkawi

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kiss UP MTB 2011 ( First Series ) by Langkawi Story




LANGKAWI, MAR. 12 - A total of  79 bikers took part in Kiss-Up MTB Challenge, the first round of mountain bike cross country for this year, organized by 99 Bikes Club at Kampung Kisap Track.

There were  4 categories which were junior, women, senior and elite. Junior and women had to finish only one lap of 12 km course while senior and elite had to finish two laps. The course had single track, uphill and downhill.

The first place for women category went to Helen Beswick from England with a time of 39:51. Lim Choon Gan finished second in 42:28 followed by Noor Syakira Yamanluddin in 44:44.

"I was in front all the time, I thought maybe I would lose my track but it's well mark, so it's easy. I kept going faster because I was scare they were coming from behind," said Helen.

In junior category, Danial Aizril Azhar finished first with a time of 41:21. Lim Zhi Xian finished second with a time of 49:17 followed by Mohd Iqbal Zainol in 52:15.

No comments: